The boilers in the church are old and can no longer be maintained. The Diocesan Office has obtained quotes for replacement gas boilers and, following approval by the Diocesan Fabric and Planning Committee, has submitted a grant application on our behalf.
Letters of support are required from parishioners, and the parish is seeking your help. Your letter should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than Saturday 30 January 2021 (apologies for the short response time). Please address your letters to the Diocesan Office, Coursington Road, Motherwell ML1 1PP. A signature is not essential for these letters. For those parishioners who do not have access to email, signed letters should be handed in to the parish house.
If you are the Chair of a parish group you may also wish to submit a letter on behalf of your group.
Some points you may wish to consider including in your letter are:
· Role of the parish within the North Motherwell community
· Importance of heating to both parishioners and to the fabric of the church building
· Links to North Motherwell Church
· Age of the church (almost 60 years old)
· Work carried out by volunteers to the fabric of the church wherever possible
· Support provided to the neediest in our community
· Loss of income due to closure of the hall
· Loss of income due to closure of church and restricted numbers when open
If you require any more information please contact Norma Brand on 07876 053281.